Based in Valenciennes, France
Press / Business Contact:
+33 645 765 638
Anarcute is made by the Anarteam, a group of 5 students from the French videogame school Supinfogame. After winning multiple awards with their project Anarcute, they decided to start a company and entered the ID@XBOX Program for Indie Developers and the project kept growing from there. Anarcute is scheduled for release for Spring 2016 on multiple platforms.
Platform : Xbox One, PC and maybe more...
Planned Release date : Spring 2016
Planned Price point : 15$
Press copies are not available yet.
Anarcute started out as a school assignment in December 2013. Our game designer and programmer Mathieu had a prototype he made with unity for a zombie game with thousands of zombies rushing between buildings in a city. We decided that zombie games were a bit too popular and went ahead with a riot concept. And let's be honest, who better than a bunch French people can make a game about riots ?What is Anarcute
Anarcute is both the cutest and the ultimate riot simulator. In Anarcute, the player gets to lead more than seventy cute rioters that are determined to relieve the world from the rule of evil and sad forces who enforce their authority through the very very mean Brainwash Patrol. Our rioters are ready to do anything, even if it means destroying whole cities to rebuild later. In order to recognize themselves, the rioters wear adorable little animal heads, hence the cuteness. The game is currently being developed for Xbox One, PC and other TBA Platforms.The Game's Mood
At first one could imagine that with such a plot and gameplay, Anarcute could be a rather sad and dark game. But no ! With a colorful and cute-Kawaii art style, Anarcute provides players with a cartoon and humorous experience. The players are transported back in childhood with this colorful sandbox aspect and a fully destructible city.Key Facts
- Lead a group of adorably cute rioters that keeps getting bigger and bigger as you progress through the level
- Pick up objects in the street and throw those at the riot police before brawling
- Take down any building on the map and take advantage of the city's layout
- Beware of your surroundings as special cops with sniper rifles or tazers may be around the corner
- Use your wits to complete different objectives on many levels spread across the great capitals of the world
Check out our latest and cutest trailer ! GDC, March 2015) YouTube
World Trailer (Reveal), July 2014 YouTube
There are far more images available for Anarteam, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Microsoft Imagine Cup France - Gold Medal" - Paris, April 10th, 2014
- "Ping Award - Best Student Game" - Paris, October 30th, 2014
- "Microsoft Imagine Cup, World Finalist" - Seattle, July 30th, 2014
- "Indie Games Play, Play With Heart Award" - Lille, March 28th, 2015
- "Unity Awards, Best Student Game" - Boston, September 22nd, 2015
- "Paris Games Week, Best of Show "Action/Combat"" - Paris, November 1st, 2015
- "Independent Games Festival, Honorable Mention - Best Student Project" - San Francisco, January 6th, 2016
- "It's that desire to dress up like a demented, googly-eyed Animal Crossing character and blow everything up. I have it. You have it? Tell me it's not just me."
- Darren Nakamura, Destructoid
- "This is an immediately inviting game, thanks to its “cute rioter” aesthetic, simple combat controls, and bubbly animations. Its full-screen chaos evokes the best memories of Rampage’s arcade city-destruction system."
- Kyle Orland and Sam Machkovech, Ars Technica
- "Imagine a revolutionnary mussel throwing a surfboard at its opponents : simply spectacular !"
- Rafaela Biry-Vicente, France Bleu
- "Anarcute does a great job of presenting an extremely visually pleasing world that is just begging to be rampaged across"
- Chris O'Regan, Spong.com
- "It's Beautiful, it's original, it's full of promises."
- Skywilly, Game Side Story
All of us are currently students at the French videogame school Supinfogame. Supinfogame Rubika is a leading school in Management, Game Design and Game Art. Located in Northern France, it delivers the equivalent of a Master's Degree. www.supinfogame.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Game Designer, Programmer
Félix "Flex" Roman
Game Designer, Programmer